If you have doubts about lip scrubs, don’t worry, you’re not the only one. Many women have ever heard about them, but they do not know their ingredients very well, the times it has to be applied, whether they should be removed with water or not. We will take you out of doubt so that you choose the exfoliant that best suits your pace of life and your skin type.
What are lip scrubs?
Lip scrubs are cosmetic products used to cleanse and release impurities and dead cells from our lips. They bring different benefits, such as softness, cleansing and rejuvenation of the mouth’s skin, as we increase its use. Besides, they regenerate the skin giving way to its renewal. The skin needs continuous grooming, and the scrubs are a key part of this toilet. Charles ReadeEnglish novelist
“Beauty is power, and smile is her sword.”
How often should I use a lip scrub?
Ideally, it would help if you used a lip scrub once or twice a week. In this case, we talk about, including them in our facial routine, but not daily, but weekly. Many of these exfoliants have vibrant aromas and come in stick form to make them easier to apply. However, it is important that we are constant and that at least once every 7 days, we use it to appreciate extra juicy lips.
What are the benefits of lip scrubs?
- Eliminate dead cells: It is one of its main functions, keeping it soft and careful, with a healthy appearance. Besides, it promotes cell renewal. It makes the so unsightly “skins” disappear.
- Activates blood circulation: The massages we do when applying the exfoliator activate the circulation of the blood. All this favours the removal of impurities.
- Feeling of well-being: The aroma and ingredients used by these exfoliants make us feel an instant feeling of pleasure and apply it to us.
- It returns to the lips its natural colour: Exfoliation removes impurities that so many lipsticks have been able to leave on them, bringing softness and a return to our natural colour.
- Toning the lips’ dry skin: The massage with which we apply the exfoliator and the mineral ingredients of its composition makes a natural moisturization appear.
How are lip scrubs used?
- The lip scrub can be used at any time of the day; however, it is recommended not to sleep with it. To use it, we need to follow several steps: With warm water, we must clean the area to apply the product.
- We generously apply the exfoliator, trying to cover the entire area we want it to take effect.
- We rub them against each other and remove the residue with a handkerchief (some exfoliants recommend removing the residue with warm water). Some people use a toothbrush to improve blood circulation.
- Use lip balm or cocoa to increase the hydration achieved.
- We should apply the scrub once or twice a week. It doesn’t matter what time of day we apply it to. Some scrubs recommend doing so within our nocturnal facial routine to take effect at night, at which point the skin does not suffer the aggressions of the weather.
What are its main ingredients?
They can vary from brand to brand, but most have a sugar and balm base. Some may include a product that provides extra hydration, such as honey or oils (sesame, coconut, almonds or jojoba, for example)—also some less common ingredients, such as clay, orange peel or peppermint. However, natural ingredients abound more than artificial ones.
When purchasing a lip scrub, it’s important to consider several important factors. These will help you choose the exfoliator that best suits your skin type and your pace of life. Here are the most important ones to keep in mind before purchasing this product.
Increasingly aesthetic treatments are more personalized, so it is key to know our lips to see if we need a higher or lower exfoliation frequency. The lips are composed of a fragile layer of skin, so much so that it causes capillaries and blood vessels to give them that pink colouration.
Strong skins are almost affected by temperature changes or pollution, and more sensitive skin gets “skin” or herpes easily. For the most sensitive skin, exfoliators with natural ingredients are recommended and applied once a week or a fortnight. For people with harder skin on their lips, they can be exfoliated up to twice a week.
The facial scrubs that we can find on the market have particles of different sizes. There are exfoliants with tiny particles, almost imperceptible, suitable for people who do not like to encounter any particles inside the mouth and like a less rough texture.
On the other hand, exfoliants with larger particles and more hardness for all those who do not mind encountering this type of particles in the mouth and who like a rough texture. Many lip scrubs are added strawberry, mint, coconut or chocolate flavour. It doesn’t pose any problem if a little product falls into the mouth (more, many people want to eat them because of the appetizing taste).
In doubt, start with an exfoliator with small particles and then move on to another with larger particles.
It is important that we carefully read the composition of the cosmetic products we buy, not only in case we suffer from any allergies but also to know the ingredients and know if we are looking for them.
It’s best to opt for natural ingredients as much as possible. Especially if the chemicals “sound Chinese to you.” It’s a way for you to use known substances that have worked for you before. Many of these natural ingredients are sugar, jojoba oil, shea butter, or honey.
Naomi GayosoProfessional makeup artist
“Most people apply moisturisers several times a day and, while it helps, it’s not enough: the first step is exfoliation.”
How to get healthy, juicy and pink lips? The key is constancy. Within the cosmetics world, regardless of whether the cosmetic is expensive or cheap, or if it has a more or less high quality, if we do not use it regularly, it will be challenging for us to achieve those results with which we are dreaming.
It should also be noted that each person is different and that we should not compare ourselves. What works perfectly for one person may not work as much, or the acting times may be different. What we have to be clear about is what result we would like to achieve.
The higher the quality, the lower the risk of damage and the greater its effectiveness to achieve the desired result. We must bet on higher quality if it is a product that we will use assiduously or have some epidermal problem.
A quality cosmetic should improve our skin’s appearance. We should notice the desired results progressively in lip scrubs, a more hydrated and healthy appearance, no dead cells, and a natural pink colour.
Lip exfoliation is a habit we shouldn’t forget within our facial routine. It helps us have healthier lips, more hydrated, with better appearance and very natural If we manage to be constant, we will notice good results that will help our lips shine on their own.
We hope this guide has helped you. It is important that before buying any even scrubs and reflections which one best suits your needs.
Do you already know which exfoliator is perfect for you? Tell! We want to read your comments and recommendations. If you liked our guide, we encourage you to share us on social networks.