In summer, when the thermometer column rises to such values that the body begins to exhaust from the heat, the easiest way to feel more comfortable – immediately run a household fan! Practical and cheap devices allow you to enjoy the fresh air scattered propellers. This cooling is absolutely safe as it is produced by simple ventilation that vaporizes excess heat on our skin.
Modern ventilation devices are designed to mix air to refresh us at no extra cost, without producing cold as air conditioning. Whether they are attached to the ceiling, wall or floor, their performance determines only the size and speed of the blades.
How to act
Unlike air conditioning, ventilation functions very simply. The principle of work is based on the constant rotation around the rotor of the electric motor rigidly attached to it blades-blades of different shapes and sizes. When rotating, they meet the resistance of the air masses, create a drop in pressure and, thus, the formation of air flow.
This movement of air in the room causes a natural mixing of cold and hot air masses, which causes a general drop in temperature and gives a feeling of freshness. The greater the volume of circulating air, the more coolness you feel. This amount of air depends on the size, power and type of cooler. Let’s get to know each of them.
Desktop household fan
This little buzzing device is best suited for one person and is used mainly in the office or at home, on a table or any furniture, preferably at least a meter high. Fixed on a stable stand, it is extremely mobile, and also has the ability to adjust the direction of airflow. The cooling efficiency of the ambient air depends on the diameter of the blades, which ranges from 15 to 40 cm. Existing modern versions may have a foggy cooling system for additional moisture effect.
- Low power consumption of 30-35 w at high speed.
- Very light and mobile.
- Directional airflow.
- It’s a low price.
- Ease of cleaning.
- High noise levels.
- Not safe for children.
Where to use
You can use it on an office desk or a reading desk. It works perfectly on the dressing table or bathroom, and is ideal for the kitchen.
Floor household fan
The body with the engine and propeller at this device is attached to a long rack, which is securely held on the floor, and can be installed in any room in the house or office, without taking up a lot of space. You can easily change the height of the rack to suit your needs. The propeller, dressed in an iron casing for safety, is equipped with a mechanism of turning both horizontally (right-left) and vertically (up and down), thus directing air flows in different directions. Due to this, as well as the high speed at which a large amount of air passes through the propeller blades, such a ventilation unit will cope with the cooling of the air of a fairly spacious room. In addition, modern floor fans are equipped with remote control and a digital display, as well as a speed switching mechanism and a timer of disconnection.
- The 180-degree amplitude of turns in different directions makes air circulation very effective.
- The ability to transfer the device from one room to another.
- Reliability and durability.
- High power and a very large amount of air flowing.
- The safety net is easily removed, making it easy to clean the body.
- High speed creates a lot of noise.
- The safety grille is not always effective enough if the family has young children.
Where to use a household fan
Floor fans are perfect for the exterior space of your houses, patio or terrace. You can put it in the bedroom or living room, but the noise at maximum speed will be very annoying. If you need to create a comfortable temperature in the residential area, you do not need to set the maximum speed of rotation of the propeller. There are even models with a special “night” mode at low speed, which is almost silent. In this case, you can provide a quiet rest in the fresh air.
Column household fan
The thin and graceful shape of the tower makes this fan popular all over the world, allowing it to fit into the most modern design without taking up much space. In front of its more traditional counterparts, such a device has a significant advantage – its blades are hidden inside the body, which allows safe use even for families with young children.
The air is sucked into the back of the device and returned from the side of the facade. The angle of the hull depends on the model and is from 60 to 360 degrees, and air circulation on the room is using all modern technologies of airflow formation. Features such as an air ionizer or air filter and automatic timer make the device environmentally friendly as they help filter the air and save electricity. It also features a digital display, and this display displays speed settings, a thermostat and a timer.
- Modern design and smooth fine shape allow you to fit into any decor.
- Air filtration system.
- Set up a variable speed.
- Remote control system with appropriate storage in the back or top.
- AN LED display showing temperature, propeller speed mode, vibrations, etc.
- Pre-programmed timer.
- A programmable thermostat.
- Low noise.
- The blades are hidden behind bars, which protects you from the danger of injury.
- To clean the inside of the case, you must remove the front grille in advance.
- Plastic case.
- Power is lower than that of traditional models.
Where to use
The columned household fan is especially suitable for the bedroom and living room. It can also be used in the kitchen and in a private gym.
Ceiling household fan
This device is suspended from the ceiling of your room, and when turned on begins to rotate around the central axis, both clockwise and against its movement. Normal mode, when the propeller spins counterclockwise, transmits the air mass downwards. On the other hand, when the blades move in the opposite direction, they lift the cool air upwards. This way you can use the ceiling fan in both summer and winter.
To date, this device has significantly improved its technology and has all the most modern features. Most models have decorative lighting, an automatic thermostat, a detector and a remote control system.
- Reliability and durability.
- Very easy to install.
- Cleaning will only take a few minutes.
- No extra space is required on the floor.
- It can be used during both the summer and winter season.
- You can find propellers with 3, 4, 5, and even 8 blades to suit your needs.
- You need to change the capacitor every few months.
- Outdated design.
- A small area of blowing.
- Makes a noise.
Where to use
You can use the ceiling cooler in the patio, garage or outdoors. You can install it in the living room or even the bedroom, but you have to remember that the noisy rotation of blades can turn your dream into a nightmare.
Window household fan
This device is designed to place inside a hole in the wall in the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom. Such a venting window is used to cool the room with an influx of cool outdoor air, or to pull hot air or bad smell from the room outside. The best modern models are equipped with automatic reprogramming function. The advanced capabilities of some window hoods, such as a thermostat, remote control, automatic disconnection and speed control, make it versatile and user-friendly. Such a window device will help to quickly cool the whole room. But you have to choose the right size and power or high-speed hood category according to the size of the space.
- Help bring fresh air from the street inside the house.
- You don’t need extra space to accommodate it.
- Safe to use.
- Window hoods are easy to clean.
- Cools the room very efficiently.
- Very quiet work.
- The complexity of installation. To do this, you may need the help of professionals.
- Sometimes the dust tightens and the smell is bad outside. However, having an air filter that captures dust makes it easy to solve this problem.
Where to use
These venting windows are ideal for living in the bedroom, dining room or living room, near or above the window. They can also be arranged in your bathroom, kitchen, garage or pantry.