How to Choose the Right Fitness Band?
To choose the right fitness Band, you need to think carefully about what purposes it is purchased. After all, at the moment the choice of different models of such accessories is very much. The final cost of the device will depend on the inherent functionality.
When choosing a model, you have the opportunity to pick up different straps that can be made of silicone, leather, synthetics or other materials. This factor can have a significant impact on tactile sensations during daily operation. This point should be considered earlier to avoid unpleasant feelings in the future.
The first thing to pay attention to is connecting to your smartphone and what apps will work with your fitness Band. Many manufacturers offer applications of their development, and it is not bad. But not all of them are, so to speak, in the public domain. Some representatives of such software, to gain access to full functionality, will have to buy a paid subscription. But this is not a reason to refuse to purchase this particular fitness Band model; in such cases, it is enough to look for free applications of third-party developers.
Tracking activity throughout the day
Given that the fitness Band is an airtight (not always) capsule with a built-in accelerometer and other sensors, it can track such parameters:
- Number of steps taken
- Heart rate
- Distance travelled
- Calories spent
- Oxygen concentration in the blood
- Sleep Phases
In addition to this useful feature in many models, you can take advantage of this:
- Payment through the built-in NFC module
- Fast connection of your smartphone to peripherals via NFC in a Band
- Manipulating music on your smartphone
- Scan social media posts.
- Alarm clock due to vibration
- Setting reminders
- Setting time and timer.
Of course, this is not the whole list of different fitness Bands, but it is enough to replace many other gadgets with just one small device on the wrist.
Counting the number of heartbeats per minute
Here is the reading of information from the built-in optical sensor on the back of the Band, which is adjacent to the hand’s skin. Such sensors are relatively cheap and installed everywhere, due to which, fitness Bands have a fairly low price tag. When using this sensor, you need to remember that its indicators are not always accurate and can be entirely wrong; this happens in several cases:
- The fitness Band is not tightly attached to the hand, and the sensor is moving away from the skin by a millimetre. This is enough for not accurately measuring the number of strokes. Therefore, fasten the Band tightly enough, but not until the hand is blue.
- The measurement results may be influenced by factors such as the skin’s thickness, the colour and layer of fat tissue. So fill in your data correctly if requested.
- The principle of measuring heart rate is based on calculating the number of pressure increases in capillaries near the surface of the skin. Therefore, if you are sensitive to temperature changes and your hands turn white quickly as the ambient temperature drops, you should keep the place where the clock is warm.
- Also, due to the sensor’s technical imperfection, it may not have time to fix too much heart rate and give out indicators less than it actually is.
Tracking sleep phases
Sleep phase tracking is based on the results of the heart rate. When you leave the deep phase of sleep, the heartbeat increases, which is what fixes the devices, also, some models are equipped with microsensors that record the sounds you make, which is also improved and taken into account for the correct definition of sleep phases and the subsequent calculation of the time when you are better to wake up.
Help in nervous situations
With a function that detects a sharp increase in heart rate, you can greatly reduce the number and duration of such situations. With breathing exercises, you can slow down your heart rate and calm down, and a fitness Band will help you.
Many sensors are built into the fitness Band, which registers all sorts of activity during the work.
- Accelerometer and gyroscope
Two sensors that count the steps, your acceleration in space and the speed of movement. Because of its structure and movement analysis method, any hand movements on which the Band is placed can be mistakenly recognized as steps.
- Pulsometer (Optical sensor)
- Piezo elements
This type of reader can help you track your blood pressure, but this measurement method’s accuracy will only be 80% correct.
With this sensor, everything is clear, determines the altitude through atmospheric pressure indicators.
When choosing, you need to pay attention to the performance of the screen of your fitness Band. There are various variations from miniature information screens to large enough colour energy-efficient displays. The easier it is to execute this element, the less energy it will take, the more battery life you will be available.
The strap material
Notice the way the clasp and the strap are executed. For active sports, you can pick up perforation straps for free air access to the skin. Or a stylish belt for everyday wear as an integral accessory.
Ergonomics and convenience
As we found out above, a huge selection of different sensors will help you, both in sports and just in everyday life. Choosing the right model will help you understand for what purpose you are acquiring it. In the process, you can track the progress of specific strength exercises and normalize your sleep. However, it is always necessary to remember that all indicators of any fitness Band do not display 100% reliable data and in any case, can not be grounds for medical opinions. The information provided is only useful for review.
10 Best Fitness Band In India 2021
Xiaomi Mi Band 5
Very useful and probably the best in its lineup. This model has become a logical continuation of the fourth model and has improved functionality. Also, there was the possibility of customising the display more than in the previous model due to the increased Amoled display. Again improved waterproof properties, you can now immerse the fitness Band Xiaomi Mi Band 5 to a depth of 50 meters.
- Large AMOLED screen
- More settings and functionality
- Very informative display
- Not always correctly displays sleep indicators.
- Stress doesn’t always indicate pressure.
Fitbit Inspire 2
Very stylish and small fitness Band with unsurpassed functionality and working time. By and large, it has all the best properties inherent in such devices. Track sleep, activity time, and intensity of exercise with just one small device that you can link to your smartphone with your app.
- Accurate readings
- Comfortable strap
- Good waterproof
- There is NFC
- Thick body
- Small screen
- The battery lasts only 5 days.
Fitbit Charge 4
This model will allow you to track your activity during training throughout the day without interruptions to exercise. Paired with your smartphone, the fitness Band will be able to record all the intervals of high activity for analysis in the future. With this, you can try to achieve the highest goals in sports and personal growth. The built-in GPS module will help track the distance travelled, and NFC will allow you to use the bank account without cards and smartphone, just leaning the Band to the reader.
- High-quality screen
- Good readability
- Sit comfortably on the arm.
- Fairly accurate values
- They keep a charge for less than a week.
- Not the most comfortable strap
Huawei Honor Band 5
The closest competitor of the top leader is Huawei Honor Band 5, which in terms of functionality has a lot in common with the tracker from Xiaomi. This wrist gadget tracks heart rate, blood oxygen levels, assesses sleep quality through superior TruSleep 2.0 technology, and many others. The tracker case is equipped with a coloured AMOLED screen with a diagonal of 2.4 centimetres, the surface of which is covered with reinforced glass. The hull withstands a dive to a depth of up to 50 meters, and other exposure to environmental factors.
- Round-the-clock tracking of heart rate and other indicators of the body
- Recognizing different types of physical activity
- TruSleep 2.0 technology to assess sleep quality
- Comfortable wearing
- AMOLED screen with a diagonal of 2.4 cm
- Dive to a depth of 50 metres is acceptable.
- The body weighs only 22 grams.
- Vibration notifications
- Average battery life
- Outdated Bluetooth 4.2
Another fitness Band from Xiaomi will also impress with its functionality, compact body and autonomous work. The gadget is equipped with a three-axis accelerometer, PPG sensor and NFC module. Xiaomi Hey will measure your heart rate and all your physical activity data: number of steps, speed of movement, distance travel, etc. The tracker screen will display app alerts and information about incoming calls and messages. The Xiaomi Hey battery capacity is sufficient for 18 days of battery life.
- Coloured AMOLED screen
- IP67 compliance
- Touchscreen with high sensory sensitivity
- Optimal battery capacity
- Autonomous work up to 18 days
- Monitoring key activity indicators
- Alerts from apps
- Compatibility with MiHome from Xiaomi
- Firmware in Chinese
- NFC contactless payments feature is not relevant in india
Amazfit Bip U
The incredibly lightweight and compact Amazfit Bip U has many useful features to monitor your physical activity, health and stay in touch. Pulse, blood oxygen levels, sleep duration, number of steps and calories burned – tracking these, and other indicators are available when using one lounge H109. The tracker body is resistant to moisture and mechanical damage. A unique functional addition – the tracker body is transformed into a Bluetooth headset, allowing not only to see alerts about incoming calls and respond quickly.
- Uninterrupted tracking of physical activity
- Lightweight and compact case
- IP67 waterproof case
- The unique design transformed into Bluetooth headset.
- Measuring the pulse and oxygen levels in the blood
- Fast notifications about incoming calls
- Excessively tight strap at the point of locking the tracker
- Inaccuracies in heart rate
Redmi Smart Band
Your surest companion on the road to perfect physical shape will be the Lenovo Lemei RHB01 Smart Wristband. The 36-gram body contains the functions of a personal fitness trainer and a full-fledged smartwatch. The tracker is in sync with the smartphone, for comfortable control through the MATE FIT app. Lenovo Lemei monitors the dynamics of your activity in different modes and records the key indicators of the body throughout the day. In addition to the fitness tracker’s immediate functions, the gadget allows you to control the playback of music and take pictures from a distance – without using your phone.
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Body material – stainless steel
- Managing music playback
- Tracking physical activity in different modes
- Alerts for incoming calls
- The battery capacity of only 90 mAh
- Outdated display design
Fitbit Inspire HR
If you are a professional athlete, or just interested in maintaining the tone of physical fitness – Fitbit Inspire HR is definitely your choice. The compact fitness tracker will be “on guard” of your health in 24/7 mode! Heart rate, sleep phases, calories burned – all these indicators will be in your access quickly. Fitbit Inspire HR can recognize different activity types: cardio training, running, swimming, walking and many other things. This, in turn, will allow you to track your progress, identify problem aspects and improve in different types of activities.
- Physical activity recognition
- 24-hour heart rate tracking
- Easy and comfortable design
- A high-quality silicone strap
- Sleep monitoring
- Can withstand a dive to a depth of 50 meters
- Non-coloured display
- The wide profile of the case
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 NFC
The “precursor” of our top Xiaomi Mi Band 3 leader will also provide you with a lot of useful features. The tracker will record the pulse, phases of sleep, the number of steps, and many others. Xiaomi Mi Band 3 will not let you be lazy and stay in a passive state for a long time – regularly reminding of the need to warm up and increase your activity. The tracker case is waterproof, weighs only 20 grams and is equipped with a 128 x 80-pixel display.
- Long-term autonomy
- Comfortable strap
- Measuring key indicators of physical activity
- Sleep monitoring, phase tracking
- Remote unlocking of a tracker-linked smartphone
- Monochrome display
- NFC payments feature is not available in India
Xiaomi Amazfit GTS
Even though Xiaomi Amazfit GTS is a smartwatch, they will be able to go for a fitness tracker in functionality. The device’s 3D display will display tracked metrics: steps, heart rate, calories burned, and other standard smartwatch data. Xiaomi Amazfit GTS is equipped with an optical heart rate sensor BioTracker, a geomagnetic sensor and a GPS module. The gadget can recognize and monitor activity in 12 modes, including running, walking, swimming and stepping.
- 12 modes for sports
- High autonomy
- GPS navigator
- Gorilla Glass 3 to protect the display
- Informative AMOLED display
- Aircraft aluminium hull
- Expensive option