Programme Commission on ‘ Dalits '
- To sensitise the local congregations in witnessing for the liberation activities for Dalits. Organising Ambedkar Jayanthi’s and theologically evolving strategies for liberation. Inter-faith interventions for Dalit liberation. Organising theological conversations among Churches to discuss the just and inclusiveness of the Churches. Organising theological discussions on Dalit concerns.
- Ensuring justice for Dalit Christian Rights. Legal aids to be given to the victims of oppression. Advocacy and lobbying for the rights of Dalits. Affirming Dalit rights are human rights.
- Local Congregation empowerment programmes. Organising Dalit women’s groups, Dalit youth groups. Vocational trainings to the Dalits. Facilitating Dalit scholarships from the government to Dalits in the local congregations.
- Attempting to re-read the Scriptures from Dalit perspectives. Bringing out Bible Study booklets on Dalit issues. Celebrating Dalit Liberation Sunday. A global Lenten Campaign for Dalit liberation is planned in 2010. Young Pastors summer institute.
- Partnering with all like-minded Dalit organisations and other civil society organisations for Dalit cause. Networking and lobbying together. NCCDC coordination for Dalit Christian rights.
- When Dalits are attacked and are in need of help, to be addressed by the Churches. Relief, rehabilitation, peace building measures etc will be taken as and when required.
Chairperson: The Rt.Rev.Dr.B.S.Devamani
Secretary: Rev. Raj Bharath Patta
- Mr. Rajakara Rao
- Miss Jinid Surin
- V. Rev. Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
- Ms. Shaila John Wesley
- Dr. Mrs. Manjula Tudu
- Mrs. Rachelbon Myrboh
- Mrs. Commissioner Victoria Devavaram
- Mrs. Percy Renuka